13.15 per hour
York Region is hiring high school summer students, and we’re looking for innovative and passionate individuals interested in a two-month role from July to August.
Our Summer Student Program introduces students to the public sector through challenging experiences, while providing meaningful opportunities to contribute to the community.
• HR Support Clerk - Student
• Adult Day Program Worker - Student
Please note positions may be placed within any department within York Region.
Application period: February 13, 2020 to February 21, 2020
To be eligible, students must be:
• Currently attending high school full-time and will be returning to full-time studies in the fall term.
• Legally entitled to work in Canada as a student (social insurance number required)
• Able to provide appropriate validation based on requirements of position (i.e. Police Check, POET etc.)
Documentation and/or verification will be required. For more information, please visit York.ca/students.
How to Apply
To apply for a position, you must have a York Region online profile. If you already have a profile, log in and make sure all of your information and questionnaire is up-to-date before you apply to a job posting.
To create a new profile:
1. Follow the “I am Interested” link at the bottom of the job posting
2. Enter your email address under “New Applicant” and select “Create Profile”
3. Please save your resume and optional cover letter as a single word or PDF file. Title the document Last name, First name, summer student year (e.g. Smith, John, Summer Student 2020)
4. Please upload ONE document. Browse and select your single document, ensure “Resume” is selected in the drop down menu and upload.
5. Fill out all required fields in each My Profile tab – Personal Information, General Information and Student Questionnaire.
6. Please make sure to apply to the posting(s) of interest after your profile has been created.
If you have technical difficulties while applying, you may call our website telephone support at 1-877-427-7717 from 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. EST Monday to Friday. You may also email website support at email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in York Region; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps in the process.