Progressive. Collaborative. Accountable. Draw on your passion. Shape our community. Progressive and collaborative, with a clear, long-term vision. We value employees’ contributions and inspire excellence. We are driven by a desire to help shape and serve the growing community in which we live and work.
$47.11 to $51.19 per hour
35 Weekly Hours
Reporting to a Manager, Policy, Research and Forecasting, is responsible for providing a full range of policy development and project management activities to support the Branch/Division, including the preparation of planning reports and other planning functions related to the jurisdiction and responsibilities of the Department.
- Reviews strategic planning and development proposals for conformity with Provincial, Regional and/or local municipal plans, and with generally accepted planning policies and standards.
- Recommends policy affecting land use, community facilities, housing, and transportation to guide development.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports data on demographic, economic, cultural, sociological and physical factors affecting land use planning.
- Carries out research on assigned projects, compiles and analyzes statistics related to project plans or area studies.
- Attends and/or makes presentations at public and professional forums.
- Consults with appropriate Regional departments and other government agencies regarding the availability of services and other requirements relating to land use and/or other proposals.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, that are in accordance with Branch or Department objectives.
- Successful completion of a University degree in Urban Planning or related discipline.
- Membership or able to successfully obtain membership in the Canadian Institute of Planners (C.I.P.) within six months of appointment.
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in the planning field.
- Thorough knowledge of planning principles, concepts, practices, methods and applicable legislation.
- Knowledge of statistical and analysis techniques, demographic forecasting, and economic base analysis and forecasting.
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in corporate core competencies including customer service, communication, team work, initiative/self-management and accountability, and flexibility/adaptability.
- Computer literacy utilizing MS Office software applications, as well as ability designing/utilizing electronic data processing applications and graphics.
- Demonstrated presentation skills to present information to varied audiences and advanced writing skills to prepare detailed reports/materials of varying complexity.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional project team environment and with government officials, community partners and the public.
- Ability to work outside regular business hours as required.
How to Apply
Please apply online by September 28, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email.