Faculty or Department: Faculty of Health Science
Number of Positions: 1
Position Title: Senior Academic Advisor
Appointment Type: Limited Term
Hours of work: 35 hours/week
Salary Range: $69,371 - $93,854
Posting Date: October 5, 2020
Closing Date: October 16, 2020
Nature of Work: Reporting to the Manager, Academic Advising & Operations, this position is responsible for the efficient delivery of a comprehensive set of academic and support services to students in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Responsibilities/Accountabilities: The Senior Academic Advisor will be the main contact person for undergraduate students in the Faculty of Health Sciences Kinesiology and Medical Laboratory Sciences programs.
- Counsel students on a wide range of academic matters
- Assist faculty and students with policies and procedures
- Process student and faculty requests including course adds/drops, prerequisite waivers, program changes, etc.
- Assist students with academic appeals, process program change requests, perform degree audits, confirm graduation
- Respond to inquiries from students and the general public in person, on the telephone, or via e-mail
- Participate in special events, such as the Ontario Universities’ Fair and university open house events
- Assist in the development of policies and develop and maintain student forms, handbooks and other student resources in both printed and online form for students
- Coordinate the Faculty portion of new student orientation
- Maintaining academic information (i.e. program maps, course descriptions)
- Develop and present seminars and informational sessions for students and faculty/staff
- Prepare course information for scheduling purposes and assist with scheduling and registration
- Maintain accurate and updated student records; produce statistical data and reports
- Other duties as assigned by the Manager, Academic Advising & Operations/Dean
The Senior Academic Advisor will liaise closely with peers located in other Faculties and Institutions and with staff in key central offices such as the Office of the Registrar, the Office of Student Life, Student Accessibility Services, the School of Graduate and Post-Doctoral Studies, and other related service departments on and off campus to develop and maintain support for students.Apply for this job