The Corporation of the Town of Orangeville invites applications for
Community Services Department
(Maximum 24 hours per weeks)
The Town of Orangeville Community Services Department is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Instructor/Guard.
Duties of the position include:
- Provides instruction in aquatic programs or perform lifeguard services in accordance with standards, policies and procedures; be alert at all times to be prepared for emergencies; enforce pool facility policies, procedures, rules and regulations in a fair and consistent manner; maintain accurate records pertaining to lesson plans and report cards.
- Arrive at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to shift to check with supervisor to find out any pertinent information; ensures that the pool deck area is safe for all users and that emergency first aid equipment is in its proper place.
- Maintain a clean pool deck, pool equipment and change rooms.
- Install buoy lines and other equipment in pool as required for programs; ensure adequate equipment is available whenever lifeguarding.
- Participate in regular staff training programs, maintain aquatic certification and perform exercises in emergency situations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some secondary school education
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR C certification
- Current National Lifeguarding (NL) certification
- Current Lifesaving Swim Instructor or Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification (candidates selected for employment, holding a Red Cross Water Safety Instructor certification; a transfer clinic will be offered by the Town)
- Must be a minimum of sixteen (16) years of age
- Knowledge of Aquatic provincial legislation and health and safety legislation.
- Up to six (6) months previous experience instructing and lifeguarding aquatic programs
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes, in confidence, to Sarah Alexander, Human Resources Assistant, to be kept on file for the next round of hiring. Applications may be submitted online, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or submitted in person at the Town Hall located at 87 Broadway. If submitting a resume via email, please quote the job title in the subject line.
By submitting your personal information to the Town of Orangeville, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of that information in connection with our recruitment, hiring and/or employment processes.
Personal information on this form is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001, S.O. 2001, c.25, as amended, and will be used to determine the qualifications for employment with the Town of Orangeville. Questions about this collection should be directed to the Manager, Human Resources at 87 Broadway, Orangeville, Ontario L9W 1K1.
Salary: $16.73 to $19.57, Band 2 on the Town’s 2019 Pay Grid
If you are interested in this position, please complete the following application form.
Can’t exceed 500 characters
Must be in PDF format