Permanent Full Time CUPE 1329
Open to all current Town of Oakville employees and external applicants
- Provide guidance in meeting cybersecurity governance and compliance objectives.
- Identify cybersecurity risks and recommend remediation and/or mitigation methods.
- With deep experience working with Linux and Windows operating systems on both virtualized and stand-alone environments, must be able to securely setup, install and configure systems without assistance.
- Daily maintenance, control and enforcement of the Town of Oakville’s cybersecurity fabric which may include firewalls, load balancers, switches, wireless, end points and other key products and solutions.
- Remain vigilant and knowledgeable in cybersecurity strategy, technology and training methods.
- Control, enforcement and maintenance of SSL certificates on systems and applications.
- Participate in the validating and testing of system changes, track and enforce change control management and compile test data for service deployments.
- Support of network security environments includes management of network security system resources; risk management, security compliance, vulnerability scanning, patching, upgrades, multivendor firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers; network design and architecture problem analysis; network troubleshooting and network maintenance, measured against internal and external customer SLAs.
- Participate in privacy & security incident investigations conducted by the corporate privacy and security office.
- Interface with management, clients and department heads on cybersecurity issues.
- Lead all cybersecurity projects.
- Conduct incident response and investigation and provide root-cause analysis for cybersecurity incidents.
- Contribute to the knowledge base, and provide recommendations for continuous improvements to workflow, process, resiliency, cost structure, and technology.
- Train and/or mentor other team members, peers and client as appropriate.
- Manage security vendor and partner relationships
- Communicate technical subjects in plain language both orally and in writing.
- Work as needed to fulfil the duties of the position; this could include, evening and/or weekend periods.
- Minimum of 7 years overall IT experience or a minimum of 5 years of experience focused on Network Security.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Science Technology or related field.
- Checkpoint CCSE certification or other major firewall certifications
- Current security certification such as CISSP, CEH, and Security+ are a plus.
- ITIL certification is required or commitment to complete
- Expert knowledge of network security best practices, excellent verbal, written and presentation skills required
- Strong decision making skills
- Expert knowledge of network security protocols and infrastructure, like PKI, IKE/IPsec, SSL etc.
- Experience in TCP/IP and common network protocols.
- Experience with enterprise security technologies (Checkpoint, Trend Micro, F5, Aruba)
- Knowledge of VMware, Citrix, 3PAR, Windows systems.
- Technical writing experience.
- Provide support for Web Proxy, inline IPS and Sniffer systems.
- Support, patching and remediation in response to security flaws.
- Knowledge of Data Center Operations
- Demonstrated strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca in the current opportunities section by no later than midnight on August 10, 2020.
DATED: July 3, 2020
This job profile reflects the general requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the job. This does not include all of the work requirements of the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate through their application and in the interview process that their qualifications match those specified. The minimum threshold score for each of the testing and interview components of the recruitment process is 75%.