Permanent Full-Time (CUPE 136) - 4 positions available
Open to Town of Oakville employees and external applicants.
$28.28 (Full time rate)
$27.98 (Probationary Rate)
Consideration may be given to applicants who currently do not possess a Refrigeration Certificate if a fully qualified candidate is not available in the applicant pool. A successful applicant without the pre-requisite certifications will be compensated at the Facility Operator Uncertified Band 2 rate of $26.50 (Full time rate), $26.20 (Probationary rate).
- Under general supervision, performs work related to the operation and maintenance of recreation facilities.
- Works in an arena and/or community centre on shift work.
- Familiarity with all aspects of facility operations and maintenance in addition to ice making, rehabilitation and repair.
- Provide quality customer service to town staff, the public and other external agencies.
- Work constructively in a team environment and act independently as required, exercising good judgment with safe and appropriate practices and procedures.
- Ice resurfacing, ice maintenance and custodial work.
- Performs manual duties involving basic repairs, service and maintenance work to plant equipment and properties.
- Provides direction to Part-Time employees relative to facility operations.
- Operates all equipment normally used in the ongoing maintenance of facilities and/or other development programs of the Recreation and Culture Department, in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Participate in special shutdown projects and perform other related duties as requested.
Minimum of Grade 12 education or acceptable equivalent in education and experience. Successful completion of a recognized Refrigeration Certification is required. Willingness to undertake further training is essential. Certified Ice Technician (C.I.T) accreditation and pool operations courses would be an asset. Preference will be given to applicants with previous experience and/or training in the operation of a pool facility, recreational facility and facility maintenance. Experience in the operation of related equipment, demonstrated mechanical aptitude and knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act are requirements. A copy of a valid and unrestricted Ontario Driver’s License Class G minimum with a driving record that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour must be provided. Note: Applicants with 6 or more points are ineligible for consideration. The successful applicant, who is a new hire, will be required to provide the Corporation with a current drivers abstract (no older than 30 days) and pass a Town administered road test as a condition of employment. Please note that successful candidates, who are new hires and/or who have not performed in this position previously will be required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check dated within the last 30 days as a condition of employment.
Applications for this position must be received at oakville.ca in the employment section by no later than midnight on July 23, 2020
DATED: July 9, 2020
This job profile reflects the general requirements necessary to perform the principal functions of the job. This does not include all of the work requirements of the job. Applicants are required to demonstrate through their application and in the interview process that their qualifications match those specified. The minimum threshold score for the interview is 75%.