Under the direction of the Recreation Programmer - Fitness, the Fitness Instructor (Group and/or Aquafitness) is responsible for overall planning, implementation, and delivery of Fitness programs within the Town of Newmarket. The fitness classes may run year round or seasonally. The instructor will be responsible for planning the fitness program, communicating with participants, instructing and educating the participants on exercise and fitness, and ensuring the atmosphere is safe and enjoyable. There are a variety of different cardiovascular, strength, dance, stretch, and conditioning-based Land and Aqua Fitness classes offered at the Magna Centre and Ray Twinney Recreation Complex (and Gorman Outdoor Pool – Summer Only).
1. One to two years training at a level related to the program hired to instruct.
2. Demonstrated work experience of at least one to three years in the area hired to instruct.
3. One current certification or workshop from the stated teaching field.
4. Excellent customer service, communication, leadership, and organizational skills and sensitivity to interact with a diversity of patrons, parents, and staff in a courteous and efficient manner.
5. Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C certification required.
6. Availability/flexibility to work evenings and weekends.
7. Due to the nature of the contacts of this position a Police Vulnerable Sector Check satisfactory to the Town is required.