Responsible for providing safe Aquatic Fitness programs at assigned Town pools in accordance with prescribed certifications: Canadian Aquafitness Leadership (CALA) Instructor, WaterArt Instructor, YMCA Aquafitness Instructor, Water & Motion Instructor or other certified aquatic fitness association if appropriate for the program offered by the Town. Responsibilities include preparing lesson plans, instructing, setup, clean up, taking down equipment and maintaining a tidy deck area.
1. Standard First Aid and CPR-C, CALA (Canadian Aquafitness Leadership Association) Instructor, Speedo WaterArt Instructor, YMCA Aquafitness Instructor, Water in Motion Instructor OR other certified aquatic fitness association.
2. Ability to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, certifying organizations, program participants and staff.
3. Working knowledge of Health and Safety standards with WHMIS training preferred.
4. Good interpersonal, organizational and instructional skills.
5. Police Record Check (Vulnerable Sector Screening) acceptable to the Town.
6. Availability to work flexible hours including daytime, evenings, and weekends.