Part Time Custodian
Position status: Open
Experience it – Ajax!
The Town of Ajax, situated on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, is an innovative municipal sector leader that provides a variety of services to one of the fastest growing communities in Ontario. With over 120,000 residents, Ajax’s rich heritage and culturally diverse community make it a great place to work and live.
Part Time Custodian
The Part-time Custodian is responsible for the day to day cleaning of offices, public washrooms, community rooms, swimming pool change rooms and common areas.
- Performs room set-up and take down for functions (i.e. birthday parties and weddings) and cleans room after function has ended
- Vacuum, sweep, mop and wax floors
- Wash and disinfect all washroom floors, toilets, toilet seats, hand dryers and fixtures
- Clean all mirrors
- Replenish toilet tissue and soap as needed
- Empty all garbage and recycling containers
- Clean entrance and exit including glass, doors and hardware
- Wash all finger marks from walls, doors, hardware and glass
- Interacts with the public to provide information regarding the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR C certification
- Valid G driver’s license with a clear driver’s abstract (for satellite locations only)
- Knowledge of proper cleaning and disinfecting procedures, operation of floor scrubbers, carpet cleaners, various equipment
- Must be able to wear and use appropriate personal safety equipment and clothing
- Able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, weekends and statutory holidays
- Good communication skills - reading, writing and oral skills
- Able to understand and follow simple oral and written instructions
- Good interpersonal skills with the general public
- Able to work alone or with minimal supervision
- Able to provide a current criminal reference check that si satisfactory to the Town of Ajax
This position works evening and weekend shifts and the successful candidate must be available to work up to 24 hours per week
Applications are accepted online until 11:59 p.m. on October 12, 2019.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Applicants must provide a valid email address for communication purposes (one that you check on a regular basis). If your email address changes, please update your profile with your new email address.
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources staff of any accommodation you may require during the process
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.