The Weekend Visitor Services Reception position provides weekend reception and administrative services for the Kortright Centre including admissions, gift shop sales, public announcements, general park information, and answering & directing incoming calls. This position is also responsible for welcoming visitors and answering inquiries in a tactful and professional manner. Additional responsibilities include assisting the weekend supervisor as needed with medical emergencies, and providing excellent customer service. The successful incumbent must be available to work weekends and holidays.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Provide excellent customer service, providing the public with information on a general basis, including answering and directing incoming calls.
- Greet appointments and notify the appropriate staff.
- Greet all visitors in a pleasant and helpful manner.
- Provide guests with recommendations for trails, advise of closures and provide any other directions to park elements as requested.
- Process visitor payment and complete invoice information, including daily and weekly sales reports and deposits.
- Responsible for running AV system in theatre.
- Coordinate daily operations with gate and operations staff.
- Responsible for gift shop sales.
- Perform general housekeeping duties of reception desk, gift shop and gift shop office.
- Assist as required with any health and safety issues.
- Provide detailed status reports at the end of the weekend for regular receptionist.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience related to major tasks.
- Valid First Aid and CPR level C an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Operation of Point of Sale system and credit card sales, or equivalent knowledge.
- Excellent math skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-260-19 prior to midnight on November 22, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.