Number of Positions Available: 2
Reporting to Manager, Information Management Technology (IMT), the GIS Technologist is responsible for implementing all aspects of GIS projects, applications, services and training. This position manages, develops and collaborates on GIS projects. This individual assists the Manager, other GIS Technologists and all other staff within the business unit and the organization as well as externally to TRCA on all aspects of ITM projects that contribute to the TRCA’s strategic goals.
The GIS Technologist provides technical guidance and solutions for data collection, analysis, automation, modeling, visualization, reporting, hardware and software evaluation, budget estimates and administrative support to the Manager, Information Management Technology (IMT), other GIS Technologists and all other staff within the business unit and externally to TRCA for the purposes of IMT program and project implementation. In addition, the GIS Technologist acts as a contact for external agencies and partners for GIS collaborative projects and broader CA interests. This position requires the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum four (4) year University degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or related discipline.
- Minimum five (4) years of experience related to major tasks. Five (5) or more years of experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of ESRI suite of GIS software including; ArcGIS 10x, ArcPro, Spatial Analyst, 3D Analyst, ArcGIS On-line, Portal, Survey123, ArcCollector, Story Maps and geodatabases is a requirement of the successful candidate.
- Specialized software knowledge in; Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) such as MS Access, SQL server and/or SQL Spatial, ArcSDE, Microstation, AutoCAD, Avenza Maps is an asset of the successful candidate.
- Specialized technical knowledge in; LiDAR, WebApp development, Model Builder, Scripting (Python, GeoJSON), Global Positioning Systems (GPS), Environics, Drone to Map, Digital Orthophotography, 3D Terrain Modelling, Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry would be an asset of the successful candidate.
- Experience and knowledge in current and relevant industry tools, practices and trends such as metadata, data modelling, cartographic principles, infographics, charting, open data and technical documentation.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.