Contract Duration: January 2 – March 20, 2020 (Weather Permitting)
Under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Albion Hills Conservation Area, the Winter Ski Program Service and Support Staff are responsible for maintaining clean, safe and enjoyable facilities for all visitors. The following roles are available at Albion Hills Conservation Area:
- Food service/cashier
- Ski rental shop attendants/cashier
Candidates must be flexible to work all required shifts, including weekend and evenings.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent to the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Provide assistance and exceptional customer service to members of the public.
- Greet and collect fees from visitors and maintain balanced records of monies collected.
- Operate POS and computer systems proficiently.
- Maintain cleanliness of all buildings, facilities and work areas.
- Responsible for food handling and preparation.
- Select and hand out rental equipment that will best fit needs of the customer.
- Assist with any inquiries from staff, members of the public and others in a tactful and professional manner.
- Perform general maintenance duties as required.
- Perform assigned tasks safely and efficiently, following all TRCA protocols and safety policies and procedures.
- Participate in all required online and onsite training.
- May require physical activity for extended periods of time in all weather conditions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma considered an asset.
- Cash handling experience.
- Experience working at an attraction or park considered an asset.
- Food Handlers Certification considered an asset.
- Valid First Aid and CPR Basic Rescuer Certificate considered an asset.
- Valid Ontario G2 or higher driver’s license considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Superior customer service skills.
- General computer skills.
- Organization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Must demonstrate the ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-254-19 prior to midnight on November 20, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.