Contract Duration: Approximately 10 months (until end of December 2020)
Under the supervision of the Supervisor, Operations and day-to-day direction of the Lead Hand, the Senior Facility Staff will undertake daily cleaning and maintenance of the Kortright Visitor Centre as well as peripheral buildings on the property. Landscape management and winter maintenance are also significant tasks of this position. This position will provide support for the setup and tear down of events, weddings and festivals, including any necessary cleaning during those functions. This position will help to maintain and enhance the building and the property which will in turn help to improve the client and visitor experience at Kortright Centre.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate(s).
- Maintain cleanliness of facilities, event spaces and washrooms on a daily basis. Ensure all daily cleaning records are complete.
- Work with Lead Hand to ensure cleaning supplies are stocked and available as required.
- Develop cleaning schedules and new methods, procedures, techniques for cleaning to improve efficacy and efficiency.
- Operate vehicles and small equipment (gas powered equipment, electric power tools, trucks, RTV).
- Perform landscape management, including grass cutting, edging, trimming, pruning.
- Undertake winter maintenance activities. Ensure all maintenance records are documented thoroughly and completely.
- Complete regular garbage collection from buildings and grounds.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that gates/doors are securely locked and that overnight security procedures are in place.
- Ensure all spaces required for events are cleaned ahead of time.
- Work with Lead Hand to ensure all aspects of the event/program set up are understood and implemented in a timely manner.
- Work with Lead Hand to maintain procedures and safety training for all cleaning products and equipment.
- Welcome, inform and assist visitors providing excellent customer service. Respond to cleaning requests for washrooms and public areas.
- May be required to lift and carry objects that weigh up to 50lbs.
- 3 years of experience in cleaning and general housekeeping in a commercial or industrial setting.
- Completion of Secondary School Diploma.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License required.
- Certification in First Aid Level C an asset.
- Training in the Operation of Small Drinking Water Systems an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Customer service skills.
- Highly organized with superior ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with visitors, staff and contract professionals in a positive and professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to take direction and work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to safely handle and operate machinery.
- Computer literacy utilizing Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Demonstrated ability to be active for long periods of time in all types of weather conditions.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-086-20 prior to midnight on February 25, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.