Number of Positions Available: 2
Contract Duration: 12 month contract (1 position) and 18 month contract (1 position)
Reporting to the Supervisor, Strategic Business Planning & Performance, the Senior Coordinator is responsible for coordinating and reporting on the development of the annual operating and capital budgets and the administrative support functions required to meet the goals and objectives of the Strategic Business Planning & Performance business unit. This position provides support and analysis on reports and presentations for TRCA’s Board and member municipalities including but not limited to levy budget submissions, variance reports and other financial implications. This position is responsible for providing financial management support and advice to divisions and business units. The Senior Coordinator also aids in developing new and improved budget and business processes and ensures they meet operation requirements and efficiencies Strategic Business Planning & Performance business unit.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Undergraduate degree – Bachelors of Business or Commerce.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in related field.
- Understanding in the concepts of corporate communications, business planning and strategic management with public sector and not-for-profit organizations.
- Experience and skills in project management leadership.
- Knowledge of financial systems, management controls, processes and tools.
- Compliance with internal and external regulations regarding transactional services.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with all employees and external contacts in a professional manner.
- Ability to provide practical advice, interpret policies and procedures and make appropriate recommendations and decisions.
- Strong planning, research and organizational skills with the ability multi-task and meet deadlines.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.