Multiple positions available
Contract Duration: April 10 - November 20
To provide general labour assistance in a dynamic team environment with the implementation of habitat restoration projects with a focus on native tree, shrub, herbaceous and bio-engineering plantings. Staff will be exposed to restoration construction projects including wetlands, stream restoration, shoreline enhancements, and meadows. Occupational health and safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Perform the following tasks under general supervision:
- Assist with the implementation of habitat restoration projects focusing on terrestrial and riparian plantings.
- Assist with the construction and deployment of habitat features on restoration sites.
- Assist with operation and maintenance of equipment, including RTVs, tractors, and implements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education in biology, environmental science, resource management or a related field and pursuing a career in environmental or related field.
- Minimum one (1) year of experience related to major tasks.
- Valid Ontario G Class driver’s license. Class A (R) license / trailer experience an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of restoration ecology, aquatic, and terrestrial ecosystems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of native plants and their habitats.
- Demonstrated ability and aptitude to work outdoor in adverse conditions.
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
- Familiarity with farm and construction equipment, including small tools and larger machinery an asset.
- Standard First Aid an asset.
- Chainsaw experience an asset.
To apply to this posting, please click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting # TRCA-147-20 prior to midnight on August 16, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.