Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer, the Clerk and Manager, Policy position is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and effective management of the organization’s Clerk’s Office and policies and procedures, which includes Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act related matters.
In the role of Clerk, the primary services include supporting Board of Directors and at Board Committee meetings, internal staff committee meetings (e.g. Policy Committee and Agenda Review Committee), providing leadership and advice to the CEO and CFOO in matters of protocol, and providing support to Board Members. As such, for statutory purposes the Clerk reports to the Board of Directors and to the Chief Executive Officer for any Board of Director matters that arise.
Knowledge and Experience:
- University degree in public administration and/or related field.
- CMO designation with full membership in the Association of Municipal Managers, Clerks and Treasurers of Ontario.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in a public sector clerk’s office including multiple years providing senior level support.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience writing organizational policies and procedures.
- Good working knowledge of member municipal councils and conservation authority board rules.
- Knowledge of Robert’s Rules of Order for meeting procedures.
- Must have good knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and orders from the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- General knowledge of records and information management.
- Good supervisory and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills, with high attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritize and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
TRCA is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If you require accessibility related accommodations, please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.