Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer, the Associate Director, Property and Risk Management is responsible for the overall long term strategic direction for TRCA’s Real Estate portfolio including the securement of land, management, rental and lease of TRCA land and built assets with the objective of building partnerships, new business models and maximize the value of both land and built assets. This position also ensures that senior management, and staff in general, are intergrating risk management principals in their discussions and decision-making processes as well as oversee the mitigation of corporate risk through insurance coverage, legal services and compliance. This position is also responsible for the overall long term strategic direction for corporate office accomodations which provides healthy and inspiring space that encourages employee performance and enables flexible work arrangements while incorporating renewable energy, green building and sustainable technologies where possible.
- Provide overall leadership, guidance and direction related to the sale of land, the granting of easements, entering into management agreements, resolution of encroachments and providing permission to enter TRCA lands.
- Leads the development and implementation of an overall plan for TRCA’s rental portfolio ensuring that the structures are maintained in a state of good repair and the portfolio generates a net profit to the organization.
- Oversee the management of corporate office facilities to ensure the facilities are maintained in a good state of repair and meet the needs of TRCA staff.
- Leads the development and implementation of an overall plan for securement of land for the organization.
- Lead the development and implementation of policies and procedures to guide the management of TRCA property
- Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive corporate asset management plan detailing the overall portfolio condition to determine the long-term priorities for retention or capital investment.
- Lead, input and implement business plans including strategies and new business models that support effective and efficient operation of Property and Risk Management.
- Lead the development, implementation and monitoring of short- and long-term capital and operating budgets for Property and Risk Management.
- Assesses section staffing needs, when adjustments to staff compliment are required to maintain service levels, secure the necessary adjustment to the section budget.
- Present to municipal councils and committee meetings, hearing boards, public meetings, conferences and seminars as required in relation to Property and Risk Management or other corporate operations.
- Lead the people management function for the group with objective setting, performancemanagementandteambuildingtomaintainaneffectiveandefficient work team through the selection, training and development, motivation and performanceevaluationofstaffincludingmanagerssupervisorsandstaff.
- Post-secondary school education (4- year degree or 3- year diploma with related work experience) in real estate, appraisal, planning, legal, business administration, property management, asset management or a related program.
- Real Estate, Appraisal Institute, Risk management or Asset Management Degree, Diploma or Certification, MBA, SR/WA an asset.
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience related to real estate, appraisal, planning, legal, property/risk/asset management or insurance, including 5 years’ experience at a senior level in a progressively more challenging role including supervisor experience.
- Ability to travel to multi-sites.
- Valid driver’s licence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of all Legislation governing TRCA activities and related regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret legislation applicable to areas under review and to ascertain compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex and politically sensitive information.
- Advanced project management, time management, organizational, communication, and presentation skills.
- Ability to collaborate on opportunities and creatively problem solve.
- Demonstrated skills and understanding in real estate, appraisal, planning, legal, survey, property/risk management, insurance, real estate, assessment and taxation processes.
- Strong analytical skills in defining issues, creating innovative processes.
- Excellent communication skills, human resources management, negotiation and project management skills.
- Negotiate and resolve contentious issues and to utilize sound judgement on setting priorities.
- Excellent knowledge in budget preparation and management.
- Good knowledge of building condition and construction and corporate asset and infrastructure management.
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-282-19 prior to midnight on January 24, 2020.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.