Contract Duration: March – November, 2020 (8 months)
Under the direct supervision of Supervisor, Bathurst Glen Golf Course and Bruce’s Mill CA, the Administrative Clerk provides administrative and operational support for the facility and direct administrative support to the facility Supervisor. The Administrative Clerk performs general administrative tasks as assigned, including but not limited to daily accounting tasks, preparation and formatting of reports, correspondence, and requests for information.
In support of the facility operations, the Administrative Clerk also participates in a variety of customer service and general maintenance duties as required, such as front-line engagement with visitors, cleaning of buildings and work areas and responding to customer complaints.
Candidates must be flexible to work all required shifts, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
NOTE: Hiring at TRCA is contingent on the clearance of the Vulnerable Sector Screening. Candidates will be asked for a screening only where they have been selected as the leading candidate.
- Carry out a variety of accounting duties including daily cash closing procedures, processing accounting documents including daily sales reports, reviewing invoices for accuracy and following up on any discrepancies, processing purchase orders, payment requisitions and internal billings.
- Greet and engage with visitors and potential visitors (in person, by phone and email) in a timely, pleasant and helpful manner to provide exceptional visitor experiences.
- When assigned, close areas/buildings for the day ensuring that gates/doors are securely locked and that overnight security procedures are in place.
- Operate multi-key computerized point of sale register, e-commerce and reservations systems; reconcile all daily transactions.
- Understand and adhere to all legislated requirements, Corporate Policies & Procedures, emergency procedures and Health and Safety Standards.
- 2 years’ experience related to major tasks.
- Post-secondary education in business or office administration an asset.
- Smart Serve certification or ability to obtain.
- Previous experience working in a customer service position.
- Cash handling experience an asset.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR-C Certification an asset.
- Valid Ontario G2 drivers’ licence (where required).
- Clearance of Vulnerable Sector Screening required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform duties in a fast-paced environment
- Advanced knowledge of various computer software programs and databases, including all Microsoft Office 365 programs
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization, time management and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
To apply to this posting, click on the “Apply” icon. Please submit your resume and cover letter quoting job posting #TRCA-265-19 prior to midnight on December 15, 2019.
While TRCA thanks all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted for interviews. Please be advised successful incumbent(s) who are not presently permanent TRCA employees may be required to undergo a vulnerable sector and/or driver’s abstract check.
TRCA is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive workplace. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and TRCA’s Accommodation Policy, accommodation will be provided at any point throughout the hiring process, provided the candidate makes their accommodation needs known to the Authority. We welcome applications from all qualified persons.