Senior Deskside Support Technician
- System ID
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Credit Valley Hospital
- Number of Positions
Position: Senior Deskside Support Technician - Full Time
Status: Permanent Full Time
Dept: Information Services
Posted: November 20, 2020
Internal Deadline: November 27, 2020
Position: Senior Deskside Technician - Deskside Site Support
Working as part of a dynamic team to support and facilitate daily IT operations within the Deskside team in the IT Customer Support department. The role of the Senior Deskside Technician - Deskside Site Support is a customer service focused position responsible for day to day IT operational user support at a senior level including departmental sweeps, break / fix, and MAC. In addition, you will support daily operations by aligning staff within the Deskside Support team to meet daily operations demands and promote team work to encourage the achievement of goals of the department.
This position reports to the Manager, IT Customer Support
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working collaboratively with staff, your job duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Works with customers and support staff to evaluate and solve advanced technical issues and problems.
- Provides timely resolution for escalated service tickets within the department
- Document issues and troubleshooting steps in Incident Management system and knowledge base
- Aligns staff within the Deskside Support team to meet daily operations demands
- Provide support at all THP sites. Travel between sites will be required.
- Act as a functional escalation point for complex issues and problems.
- Oversees Department Sweeps, Break / Fix and MAC processes for delivery of services.
- As a subject matter expert, coordinate technical requirements and deliverables with project and/or operational teams; estimates effort to complete deliverables
- Provide metrics and reports.
- Assist the IT Customer Support Manager with investigation, analysis of statistics and reports; looking for trends and problem areas to improve the level of service the team delivers
- Produces and provides cross training & documentation
- Provide knowledge transfer and mentoring to staff
- Keep abreast of technology changes and trends; evaluate current programs, processes and practices to recommend solutions that improve business processes, service solutions and best practices.
- Must be a leader in technology and consistently look for new and improved ways to execute solutions. Must have a willingness to share technical knowledge and work with others to provide enhanced delivery solutions for our customers and our business.
- Provide support at all THP sites. Travel between sites may be required.
- Participate in on-call rotation with other Senior Deskside technicians to assist with after-hours and weekend issues
- Other duties as assigned.
- Takes ownership, accountability, and responsibility for his/her actions
- Demonstrates an ability to accept change and manage change effectively
- Seeks new experiences to develop his/her capabilities
- Accepts responsibility for one’s own performance
- Demonstrates a pattern of self-development and a drive to learn by engaging in formal and informal learning to develop knowledge and technical skills
- Shows a genuine willingness to help others and to share his/her knowledge and experience
- Demonstrates integrity, humility, maturity, empathy, and a positive attitude
- Works collaboratively with others to meet goals
- Helps to improve the skills and capabilities of others and fosters their long-term learning and development through coaching and mentoring
- Speaks and writes clearly, concisely, and with impact
- Takes pride in his/her work, balancing quality, capacity and risk
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills
- Seeks additional help, opinions, and knowledge (e.g., best practices) from external sources and thought partners
- Seeks out, considers, and integrates the appropriate data, ideas, and experiences to make decisions and solve problems
- Translates ideas and concepts into practical applications
- Listens, empathizes, and demonstrates compassion when supporting clients
Working within a multi-site organization; this role is part of a team providing service to the organization on a 24x7x365 schedule. The successful candidates may be required to work shifts outside of regular business hours. Work locations can verify between all Trillium Health Partners locations.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience in a Trillium desktop support role or equivalent technical role.
- Advanced Windows 10 experience required
- ITIL Foundations certification preferred
- CompTIA A+ certification preferred
- Microsoft MCSA preferred
- Microsoft MCSE preferred
- Enterprise device and application experience required
- Direct hospital or healthcare experience required
Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record of success coupled with proven knowledge of industry best practice for IT Desktop Support and Service Delivery
- Strong analytical skills for troubleshooting incidents and performing root cause analysis
- Strong customer computing experience e.g. desktops, laptops, printers, mobile devices (iPhone, Android, etc.), multifunction devices, desktop phones, voicemail
- Solid skills in supporting common end user applications including Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook etc.
- Hands on and in-depth knowledge of Active Directory with working knowledge of Group Policy Objects
- Experience with McAfee products: ePO, AV, Full-disk Encryption, DLP and policy management
- Experience with SCCM and Dell KACE Endpoint Systems Management and Deployment Products
- Experience with remote assistance tools and technologies such as Bomgar
- Experience with mobile device tools and technologies such as Mobile Iron, and Microsoft Exchange
- Knowledge of networking technologies such as VNP, TCP/IP, and wireless
- Experience in Scripting, Powershell, VBScripting
- Experience with IT Service Management tools such as HEAT
- Works well under pressure and time constraints and can prioritize competing priorities appropriately;
- Strong verbal and written communications; must be able to communicate with individuals with all levels of technical and non-technical skills
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.