Registered Practical Nurse - Mother Baby Unit
- System ID
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Credit Valley Hospital
- Number of Positions
Position: Registered Practical Nurse - Part Time
Role Level: CUPE09 $28.657 - $30.669 per hour
Department: Mother Baby Unit - Women and Children
Site: Credit Valley Hospital
Hours of Work/Shifts: Able to work all shifts (11.25 hour shifts)
Posted: October 15, 2020
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- Candidate will be a diploma graduate of a recognized college or school of nursing or equivalent (i.e., certificate RPN with added courses in medication administration, phlebotomy, and health assessment)
- Current certification or eligibility for certification of competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario is required.
- A physical assessment course preferred
- Obstetrical experience required
- Obstetrical certificate from an accredited institution preferred
- Current BCLS required
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program certification required
- Previous experience in providing and delivering patients and families with educational teaching as applicable
- Demonstrates excellence in communication skills and team work
- Demonstrates strong attention to patient and family-centred care and establishing therapeutic relationships
- Evidence of on-going professional development preferred
- Computer literacy required
- Able to work all shifts (11.25 hour shifts)
- A positive work and attendance record is essential
Internal candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.