Registered Nurse - Operating Room
- System ID
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Queensway Health Centre
- Number of Positions
Position: Registered Nurse - Operating Room
Status: Part Time (x2)
Role Level: Clinical Patient Services (CPS04.2) - $33.56- $47.22
Dept/Health System: Operating Room - Queensway Health Centre
Hours of Work/Shift: 8 hour shifts - Monday - Friday, possible Weekends
Posted: October 15, 2020
Internal Deadline: October 22, 2020
The location of any vacancy/position may be changed or reassigned as per operational needs.
Trillium Health Partners (THP) is one of the largest community-based acute care facilities in Canada. Comprised of the Credit Valley Hospital, the Mississauga Hospital and the Queensway Health Centre, Trillium Health Partners serves the growing and diverse populations of Mississauga, West Toronto and surrounding communities and is a teaching hospital affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Our Mission: A New Kind of Health Care for a Healthier Community
When we set out to build our vision and future, we connected with our community - patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff and volunteers. The foundational goals of our new strategic plan - quality, access and sustainability - anchor everything we do. Our mission for a new kind of health care is built on an inter-connected system of care organized around patients - inside and outside the hospital.
At THP, we are relentless in providing high quality, compassionate care to our communities and take great pride in fostering an inclusive and accessible environment and we are all accountable for contributing to a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing and promoting excellence in patient care though advancing patient and staff safety. If you are passionate about what you do, motivated to improve the health of the community, committed to excellence, quality and patient safety we would like you to join our Better Together team!
- 3-5 years of recent or current OR experience preferred
- Successful completion of a recognized O.R. Certificate course from an approved teaching institution required
- Demonstrated clinical competence in nursing practice
- Certification in sanctioned medical acts and added nursing skills
- Completion of the CAN Certification of Perioperative nursing would be considered an asset
- Current BCLS and CPR Certification required
- Reliable and flexible individual to work as part of a diverse work team
- Ability to think critically and effectively in order to prioritize needs in emergency situations
- Highly effective decision making, problem solving and organizational skills combined with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Positive attendance and work record essential
- The successful candidate will meet performance standards as outlined by the College of Nurses and by the Trillium Health Partners’ policies and procedures
- The successful candidate will meet performance standards established by ORNAC (Operating Room Nurses Association of Canada)
- The successful candidate will continue with contribution to overall surgical operating room team
Internal Candidates who believe they possess the necessary qualifications and experience for this position and who have been in their current position for at least six (6) months are encouraged to apply.
To pursue this career opportunity, please visit our website: www.trilliumhealthpartners.ca
Trillium Health Partners is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy, safe and respectful environment for healing, based on our values compassion, excellence and courage. To be Better Together, we commit to fostering a respectful workplace culture that promotes a safe and supportive environment for everyone who provides care, supports caregiving, receives care or visits the hospital.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code Trillium Health Partners will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Trillium Health Partners is identified under the French Language Services Act.
We thank all those who apply but only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.