Occupational Health & Safety Services
0700-1500, 0800-1600, 0900-1700
$33.230 to $46.970 per hour
1.Currently registered with the Ontario College of Nurses.
2.Current BLS certificate.
3.Certification in Occupational Health Nursing (COHN) required. Will consider certification actively in progress with some courses completed if no other qualified candidates.
4.Completion of credentials in the field of Disability Management e.g. NIDMAR, OHA Disability Management Certificate required.
5.A thorough working knowledge of the principles of Disability Management required.
6.Minimum 2 years experience in WSIB Claims Management and Short Term Disability, Employment Insurance and Long Term Disability Case Management required.
7.Previous experience in Temporary and Permanent Accommodation process required.
8.Recent Occupational Health Nursing experience in a hospital environment preferred.
9.Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision required.
10.Demonstrated health assessment skills and knowledge of current relevant legislation (e.g. Occupational Health and Safety Act, Workplace Safety and Insurance Act, Ontario Human Rights Code) required.
11.Demonstrated ability to develop, maintain and provide training in Infection Disease Surveillance preferred.
12.Membership with Ontario Occupational Health Nurses Association (OOHNA) preferred.
13.Computer literacy required with emphasis on MS Office suite, Word, Excel, Parklane (OHS database) or similar system.
14.Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently in a fast paced team environment.
15.Satisfactory attendance record as per the Health Centre’s Attendance Management Program Policy SJ-08-01-08.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- PhoneThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.