Interprofessional Resource Team
Must be available to work a patterned schedule – 2 weekdays/2 weeknights, 2-3 pattern. Mostly 12 hour rotations, opportunity for 8 hours occasionally.
Salary: $32.66 to $45.94 per hour; 25 year rate: $46.76 per hour
Be a Leader in Patient Care,
Join our Interprofessional Resource Team!
Are you a passionate healthcare professional who embraces working in a dynamic and innovative environment? St. Joe’s Interprofessional Resource Team offers the ideal opportunity to broaden your skills, gain experience in a wide variety of disciplines, and build meaningful relationships with patients, families, and the whole community.
Why work on a Resource Team at St. Joseph’s Health Centre? We are a dynamic downtown community teaching hospital, situated in the West End of Toronto in a picturesque location overlooking Lake Ontario and adjacent to High Park. Our catchment area serves a multi-faceted community that ranges widely in needs. The experience you will gain on this team will be unique simply because of our location and diverse patient population.
At St. Joseph’s Health Centre, we are proud of our many accomplishments in delivering exceptional care and service to the patients and families in our community. We have recently been accredited with Exemplary Standing – the highest level of recognition by Accreditation Canada.
Our Interprofessional Resource Team (IRT) provides relief staffing to a wide spectrum of clinical areas including General Medicine (Cardiology, Nephrology, Oncology, Neurology, Respirology), Surgery (Thoracics, Orthopeadics), Mental Health, Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit, and Paediatrics.
IRT staff are provided with an individualized orientation program to ensure competency to practice in a variety of the above clinical areas. Working with the Patient Care Manager and Advanced Practice Clinical Educator, the IRT nurse will broaden their skills and knowledge and enrich their critical thinking and problem solving through exposure to a variety of work environments and patient populations.
Based on your previous experience and for each scheduled shift, you will be oriented to one or more of the above clinical areas based on area of need.
In order to branch into certain specialty clusters, the IRT nurse will be expected to participate in ongoing training and learning as well as take relevant courses as required.
1. Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
2. Current BCLS/CPR Certificate required
3. Two years of current acute nursing experience required in one of the following areas: Medicine, Surgery, Mental Health, ICU, ED, Paediatrics (Candidates who do not have 2 years of current acute nursing experience may be considered if there are no internal or external qualified candidates).
4. Completion of Coronary Care 1 (CC1) or equivalent within six months
5. Completion of ACLS within six months for orientation to ED and ICU
6. Excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills
7. Ability to work well independently and as a team
8. Demonstrated ability to collaborate within an interprofessional team
9. Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
10. Ability to be well organized and adaptable to changing work environments
11. Strong patient teaching skills
12. Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- EmailThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.