Day Hospital Mental Health & Addictions Program
Shifts: 8:00am-4:00pm, Monday-Friday. Must be available for all shifts.
$33.23 to $46.75 per hour - 25 year rate: $47.57 per hour
The Psychiatric Day Hospital is a three-week partial hospitalization program for patients of St. Joe’s who require mental health stabilization. Clients are followed by a psychiatrist and receive individual and group support from our interdisciplinary staff.
The nurse on the team provides brief psychotherapies, psycho-educational group interventions and case management services. The nurse also provides crisis intervention with Day Hospital clients when required.
The nurse will also be asked to assist with IM injections in our Injection Clinic when needed.
1.Current registration in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
2.Post-diploma Mental Health Nursing Certificate or the Canadian Nurses Association Certificate in Psychiatric/Mental Health Nursing required or willingness to complete within two years.
3.Day Treatment/Day Hospital experience would be an asset.
4.Minimum 3 - 5 years direct experience in acute hospital and/or outpatient mental health setting.
5.Superior written and verbal communication skills
6.Excellent health education knowledge and understanding of current nursing best practices in mental health.
7.Demonstrated initiative, ability to set priorities, develop, implement and evaluate strategies and care plans.
8.Experience in providing crisis intervention and brief psychotherapies for an acute mental health population.
9.Experience in facilitating psycho-educational groups.
10.Excellent knowledge of community resources
11.Ability to facilitate appropriate transitions to external services in the context of a three week treatment window.
12.Demonstrated ability to be a positive and productive member of an interdisciplinary team.
13.Comfortable working with a broad range of client groups and their families/supports
14.Second language is an asset.
15.Intermediate computer skills including Excel, Word and email applications.
16.Experience participating in Quality Improvement Initiatives or willingness to learn.
17.Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- EmailThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.