Must be available for all shifts between 0730 to 2100 (days, evenings, weekdays & weekends)
$28.345 to $32.540 per hour
As an integral member of the In-Patient Pharmacy team, the Pharmacy Technician will be accountable for the technical aspects of drug distribution. Duties will include independently performing all technical aspects of unit dose distribution, repackaging, intravenous admixing, including chemotherapy and TPNs, replenishing ward stock medications, narcotic and controlled substances preparation and deliveries, inventory control functions and obtaining BPMHs to support MedRec. The pharmacy technician will strive to deliver quality patient care, excellent customer service and enhance patient safety by ensuring the accuracy, quality, integrity and timeliness of pharmaceutical product preparation and release.
1.Must have completed a Pharmacy Technician Program at an accredited college.
2.Must be registered as a Pharmacy Technician in good standing with the Ontario College of Pharmacists.
3.Minimum one year of experience working in an inpatient hospital pharmacy setting and aseptic technique skills are strongly preferred.
4.Ability to work under minimal supervision and to manage completing duties/priorities.
5.Ability to learn and troubleshoot changing technologies/machinery (e.g., unit dose machine).
6.Strong computer skills required, including experience with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint). Experience with Centricity (BDM) an asset.
7.Superior communication skills that can be applied for interviewing patients, family, care providers, and interacting with interdisciplinary staff, and external resources.
8.Strong organizational skills to consolidate all resources of medication information and the ability to work independently and effectively as part of an interdisciplinary team.
9.Experience with the Ontario MedsCheck Program or in completing BPMH and medication reconciliations in a hospital setting an asset.
10.Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- CommentsThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.