7M/PICU Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit
Full Time Temporary
Salary: $39.225 to $45.037 per hour
Full Time Temporary (Until Approximately September 24, 2019)
This is an opportunity to join the team in the 30 bed Adult Inpatient Mental Health Unit (7M) and 6 bed Psychiatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU). Reporting to the Patient Care Manager, the Occupational Therapist is a key interdisciplinary team member and you will have the opportunity to work with an acute mental health patient population who may present with challenging behaviours. Patient and family -focused skills are a critical aspect of this role. As a member of our team, you are highly-adaptable, energetic, flexible and you embrace change.
•Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational Therapy required; Master’s Degree preferred.
•Registered and in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario required.
•Membership in OSOT is an asset.
•Current BLS and First Aid required (or willingness to complete within probationary period).
•Three years acute mental health experience required. The ideal candidate will have an ability to work with individuals in crisis from diverse populations.
•A background in Medicine and Geriatrics is an asset.
•Demonstrated critical thinking skills/problem-solving skills and attention to detail is required.
•The ideal candidate will demonstrate superior communication and interpersonal skills.
•Experience with the assessment of cognition, mobility and safety of patients. The Occupational Therapist is expected to conduct both formal and informal functional assessments and have the ability to synthesize the data into recommendations for safe discharge planning.
•Skilled in performing mental status and behavioral assessments and an ability to contribute to interdisciplinary care planning and safety planning using a trauma-informed approach.
•Ability to develop and implement recovery-oriented group activities for patients at varying stages of recovery.
•Knowledge of community resources and a proven ability to work, and build relationships, with community partners and stakeholders is necessary.
•Flexible to meet additional responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
•Excellent time management skills and demonstrated ability to perform in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
•Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- NameThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.