Outpatient Mental Health
Current hours of work (subject to change in future): Mondays and Thursdays from 11am-7:00pm
$37.693– 47.75 per hour
The Mental Health Clinician will be a part of the Outpatient Mental Health (OPMH) team in the St. Joseph’s Mental Health and Addictions program. The Mental Health Clinician will support clients of the Collaborative Care Clinic and Rapid Access Crisis Clinic by providing comprehensive psychosocial assessments, individual and group therapy, case management and discharge planning. The Mental Health Clinician will also participate in program development and quality improvement activities.
1.Master’s Degree in a health related field required.
2.Registration with relevant regulatory college.
3.Minimum 3 - 5 years direct experience in acute hospital and/or outpatient mental health setting.
4.Minimum 3 years direct experience in providing brief psychotherapies and supportive counseling. Preference will be given to those with experience providing CBT and DBT.
5.Experience in organizing and facilitating psychotherapeutic groups; preference given to those with significant experience running DBT/CBT groups.
6.Excellent mental health assessment skills and ability to conduct and document formal biopsychosocial assessments.
7.Experience in an urgent mental health care setting is preferred.
8.Sound knowledge of community resources and ability to facilitate transitions to external services.
9.Ability to work collaboratively with multiple internal and external services.
10.Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to function both as a team player and independently.
11.Knowledge of DSM 5 classification, psychopharmacology, the Mental Health Act and the Personal Health Information Act.
12.Comfortable working with a broad range of client groups and their families/supports. Second language is an asset.
13.Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from email@example.com. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- PhoneThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.