Family Medicine Centre and Urban Family Health Team (27 Roncesvalles Ave)
Monday to Friday, Day shifts, one evening shift per week required. Rotating Shifts between Family Medicine Centre and Urban Family Health Team
$22.025 to $24.068 per hour
Monday to Friday, Day shifts, one evening shift per week required
Rotating Shifts between Family Medicine Centre and Urban Family Health Team
The Family Medicine Centre/Urban Family Health Team clerk supports the family physicians, nurse
practitioner and all our interprofessional and administrative team members in providing comprehensive and safe primary care services to our patients and their families. She/he will be responsible for accurately registering patients, schedule and confirm appointments for patients into the database following hospital and departmental guidelines and protocols. The clerk acts as the first point of contact for patients, visitors and health care professionals within an ambulatory interprofessional model of care. She/he also supports the team in preparing and assisting/ providing simple instructions to patients as needed. She/he participates in educational and quality improvement initiatives as well as in providing administrative support, to support patients’ flow/responsiveness, as required.
1.Secondary School Graduate (Grade 12/OSSGD) or recognized equivalent.
2.Strong computer skills, including experience navigating software applications required (screen access, information search, and data entry)
3.Demonstrated ability and experience in providing customer service.
4.Experience with Meditech appointment scheduling and patient registration preferred.
5.Experience in Scheduling systems and electronic medical records, such as, Practice Solutions and IDX Rad preferred
6.Accurate typing 40 w.p.m.
7.Knowledge of medical terminology an asset
8.Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
9.Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
10.Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to establish priorities in a fast-paced and busy environment.
11.Knowledge/experience in primary care/community based setting an asset.
12.Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- PhoneThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.