Salary: $34.506 - $43.285 per hour
Part Time (0.5 FTE)
1.Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Food and Nutrition, and successful completion of an accredited dietetic internship program or a recognized equivalent is required;
2.Member in good standing with the College of Dietitians of Ontario (CDO) required.
3.Member of the Dietitians of Canada preferred.
4.Minimum of 2 years recent inpatient hospital experience working in critical care nutrition.
5.Experience in the management of enteral and parenteral nutritional support.
6.Demonstrated clinical skills and experience dealing with the nutritional management of medical and surgical patients with complex requirements.
7.Demonstrated ability to be independent with screening and assessment of high risk critically ill patients, contribute to care plan development and establish goal orientated treatment intervention.
8.Demonstrated ability to utilize practice based research and critical thinking skills in the provision of specialized nutritional care.
9.Experience providing patient/family nutritional counselling, education and support to address nutritional goals and requirements for cardiovascular, nephrology, general medicine and surgery.
10.Demonstrated ability to prioritize and work effectively in a fast paced environment
11.Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), attention to detail and time management skills;
12.Proven ability to act both independently as a self-directed professional and as an active and collaborative member of an inter-professional team.
13.Demonstrated effective coaching/mentoring skills for the inter-professional team and dietetic intern/student placements in the ICU.
14.Experience in developing guidelines, procedures and policies to support practice updates and standards of care in critical care nutrition and effective communication with Dietitian Network Groups and hospital committees.
15.Demonstrated computer skills (Microsoft applications);
16.Satisfactory attendance record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from email@example.com. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- EmailThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.