Mental Health Emergency Services Unit (MHESU)
12 hour days/nights/weekends
$37.693 to $47.75 per hour
The Crisis Worker will be expected to perform ongoing assessments, develop, implement and evaluate the inter-professional plan of client care for all clients. You will liaise with other services internal and external to St. Joe’s in order to coordinate care for patients. You will be able to work with patients from diverse populations; contribute to program development; provide education support and supervision to students and participate in the quality improvement activities of the program. Your skills include the ability to make behavioral observations, mental status and physical assessments, monitoring patient’s response to therapeutic interventions, documentation and ongoing communication with other team members. You will have sound knowledge of emergency psychiatry, crisis intervention, addiction issues, recovery and severe and persistent mental illness. Your strengths include an ability to perform assessments, develop, implement and evaluate interprofessional client centered care plans. You will support and contribute to a healthy workplace that embraces diversity, promotes dignity and respect, encourages teamwork and complies with all applicable legislative and regulatory requirements. These positions involve shift rotation and weekend work.
1.Masters Degree in Social Work or Psychology required.
2.Registration in good standing with relevant regulatory college.
3.Minimum 2 years working in an acute mental health setting.
4.Sound knowledge of community mental health and housing resources.
5.Sound assessment skills.
6.Effective leadership, decision-making, organizational and problem solving skills are required.
7.Demonstrated ability to intervene effectively in clinical situations requiring the management of disturbed behaviour.
8.The ability to work with clients of diverse cultural and social backgrounds is necessary.
9.Computer literacy is required.
10.Bilingualism (French/English) and/or proficiency in a second language would be an asset.
11.Crisis intervention experience preferred.
12.Sound knowledge of the Mental Health field, including DSM V classifications and pertinent legislation.
13.Comfortable working in an interdisciplinary team setting.
14.Comfortable working with a broad range of client groups and their families/support group.
15.Able to function well under pressure and in a fluid environment.
16.Satisfactory attendance record
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- EmailThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.