Full Time Temporary (until approximately April 30, 2020)
$47.210– $54.260 per hour
Join St. Joseph’s Health Centre at an exciting time as we create our Vision 2020 embarking on our Strategic and Clinical Services Planning. A strong emphasis on quality practice supports our creation of an innovative practice structure that further supports our commitment to Patient and Family Centred care (PFCC) through an Interprofessional Collaborative Care Delivery Model. Come join our Interprofessional Practice team as we co-create a different future for healthcare within our community.
In the role of Clinical Nurse Specialist, Wound Care, you will be accountable for supporting the delivery of exceptional wound care throughout the health centre. As part of the Interprofessional Practice team, reporting to the Collaborative Practice Leader, you will work with other members of the leadership team to support the redesign of wound care delivery that will promote and facilitate a best practice approach to wound, skin and stoma management that is client, family-centered, evidence based and interprofesional. As the successful candidate, you will continuously role model and mentor others to achieve success. You are an energetic person who takes pride in building strong and effective interpersonal relationships.
Your knowledge and expertise in best practices for patients, PFCC and interprofessional collaboration, will make you an ideal candidate for this role. Your philosophy of education and practice excellence promotes a positive and continuous learning climate and is enhanced by your enthusiasm and innovation in patient care and clinical education. You will use best practices to continually drive care decisions and quality improvement. As a role model of professional behavior, you will be instrumental in creating a professional climate within St. Joe’s to enable the organization to achieve its vision as the Best Community Teaching Health Centre in Canada.
• Performs hospital-wide clinical consultation in wound, skin and stoma management in collaboration with members of the Wound Care team. This responsibility includes direct client consultation, direction and evaluation of individual care plans for wound/skin/stoma care.
• Develops/sustains community partnerships to ensure a seamless transition of care across the continuum for patients awaiting discharge from SJHC.
• Supports the development of internal policies and procedures for wound, skin and stoma management.
• Acts as a key stakeholder in reducing nosocomial pressure ulcer prevalence rates
• Participates in program data collection, interpretation, evaluation and recommendation
• Supports the development, delivery and evaluation of wound, skin and stoma educational programs to the interprofessional team. This responsibility includes the identification and assessment of educational needs, evaluation of staff performance and provision of performance feedback and counseling where appropriate.
• Ensures that they are informed of current literature to ensure best practices and products are implemented/utilized at SJHC
• Participates in the evaluation and budget planning of products for wound/skin/stoma care.
• Participates/conducts research into wound, skin and stoma management.
• Participates in SJHC committees and regional/community committees for quality improvement and research purposes, as appropriate, in consultation with the Collaborative Practice Leader & Wound Care Team.
• Other duties as requested by the Collaborative Practice Leader
1. Registered Nurse in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario required.
2. Baccalaureate in Nursing required; Master’s Degree in Nursing or Nursing Wound Care required or in progress.
3. Recent experience working in a specialized Wound & Skin role preferred.
4. Completion of recognized Wound Care certifications preferred. Completion of a recognized Stoma Nurse program and certification as a Stoma Nurse preferred.
5. Adult teaching experience and/or adult education courses required.
6. Evidence of ongoing professional development.
7. Satisfactory attendance record.
1. Demonstrated leadership skills in program/procedure planning and development.
2. Demonstrated excellence in written and verbal communication skills.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in adult teaching and learning principles.
4. Demonstrated working philosophy of client and family-focused care.
5. Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
6. Innovative and analytical problem-solving methods.
7. Ability to work collaboratively in an interprofessional team environment.
8. Ability to incorporate research and evidence-based practice.
9. Ability to practice in a self-directed manner.
10. Ability to assess patients for potential risk and intervene appropriately.
11. Strong computer/word processing skills.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- CommentsThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.