All Days and Shifts
Salary: $26.560 - $30.503
Position Profile: The Area Coordinator is responsible for organizing the flow of patients, including prioritizing and scheduling their exams. Additional duties of the area coordinator may include entering portering transport requests, faxing, communicating appointment times and any applicable patient preparation as needed and answering any incoming calls. The area coordinator needs to have a good understanding of medical terms/pathology, a good knowledge of the different types of exams and workflows.
1.College Diploma or equivalent preferred.
2.2 years relevant clerical experience in a Diagnostic Imaging department or equivalent required.
3.Experience using Carestream RIS preferred.
4.Experience with OBSP Screening program and ICMS software system preferred.
5.Experience ordering and maintaining supplies is preferred.
6.Knowledge of and prior experience coordinating patient flow required.
7.Beginner level skills in MS Word and MS Excel required.
8.Demonstrated knowledge of Medical Terminology specifically relating to Diagnostic Imaging.
9.Highly organized and able to appropriately identify priorities in a fast-paced environment.
10.Excellent Interpersonal skills with an ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the care team including patients and their families.
11.Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
12.Demonstrated initiative and an ability to identify and implement efficiencies in one’s role.
13. Satisfactory Attendance Record.
How To Apply
If you are interested and qualified for this position, we invite you to send us your resume by one of the following methods.
In support of persons’ with disabilities, St. Joseph’s Health Centre asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, please advise Human Resources if contacted for an interview/testing, so that a suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards 2011, Employment Standards). If you require assistance in completing a job application due to a disability please contact Human Resources directly at 416-530-6460.
Current St. Joseph’s Health Centre employees who wish to apply for the above position must submit an electronic transfer request to Human Resources.
Electronic transfer requests can be submitted internally by choosing the position from this link, clicking "APPLY NOW", and completing the form. To access the Electronic Transfer Request system from outside the Health Centre, please click on the "For Staff" section of this site, found in the top right corner, and log-in to Access SJNet. Postings are located under the Human Resources Section of SJNet.
- FileAccepted file types: pdf, doc, docx.
- I acknowledge that I have reviewed the Health Centre’s Mission and Values. If successful in obtaining employment with St. Joseph’s Health Centre, I will commit to supporting the Mission and living the Values in every aspect of my work.
- I agree that the information I am providing in my attached resume is true, accurate, and complete
All personal information collected through the St. Joseph’s Health Centre application and hiring process will be used for the purposes of determining suitability for the role to which you have applied.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Register for Career Alerts
- Current Occupation
- Job Categories
- Clinical Leadership and Education
- Support Service Leadership
- Nursing (RN, RPN)
- Other Regulated Care Providers (e.g.- MSW, OT, PT, RT)
- Technicians/Technologists (e.g.-Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Clinical Engineering)
- Unregulated Care Providers (Health Care Attendants)
- Clerical and Administrative Support
- Business Support Services (e.g.-IT, Finance, Human Resources)
- Other Support Services (e.g. Porters, Nutrition Services, Cleaners, Maintenance)
- Area of Speciality / Expertise
- Emails from the subscription system will be coming from email@example.com. Please add this to your list of safe senders so the subscription notices are not mistakenly sent to your Junk Mail.
- EmailThis field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.