SJHH is currently looking for a System Administrator who will assume primary responsibility of approximately 50 servers, with expertise managing and administering SCCM systems, MS Exchange / O365, Commvault Backup systems. The Systems Administrator is responsible for monitoring, deploying, maintaining and supporting the centralized computing facilities for SJHH’s health information, business and scientific systems and applications. Systems are both proprietary and developed internally by SJHH, or purchased from enterprise software vendors.
Under approval and direction from the Manager, Digital Solutions | Infrastructure Systems & Services, the Systems Administrator provides end to end planning, implementation and support of a variety of systems on both Microsoft and Linux platforms, including clinical systems, core infrastructure and other supporting systems. Proposes and implements system enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of the system based on industry best practices. Works closely with vendors and end users to ensure seamless support. Creates support documentation and trains other employees on systems. Establishes Disaster Recovery procedures for the systems tasked with managing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science is preferred with specific knowledge/skills in the areas noted below OR Community College Diploma in a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in Systems Administration
Competency in the following technologies is required:
- Excellent working knowledge and hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows Server OS (Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019).
- Strong experience managing and administering Commvault Backup system •Strong experience managing and administering SCCM
- Strong experience managing and administering Client Facing Systems
- Experience with large Microsoft Windows 10 upgrade migration projects •Strong experience with Microsoft SQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Strong experience with MS Exchange 2013 / 2016 / O365 •Experience with Citrix XenMobile, MDM/MEM, Skype for Business
- Strong working knowledge of DNS, WINS, DHCP
- Experience with Disaster Recovery / Business Continuity processes and procedures
- Creating and maintaining support documentation
Experience with the following technologies would be an asset in the role:
- Working knowledge and experience with RedHat Linux
- Active Directory
- VMWare (6.X)
- Experience administering Citrix XenApp (6.5 / 7.6 / 7.15 LTSR, CR) server farms
- Dell Compellent / HPE 3 PAR Storage (SAN Technologies)
- VB scripting, PowerShell
- Knowledge of networking concepts (WAN/LAN/WLAN, VLAN/VRF environments).
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, days
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.