Senior Public Affairs Specialist SJHS
Temporary Assignment - approximately 60 weeks
ST. JOSEPH’S HEALTH SYSTEM’S Senior Public Affairs Specialist will provide coordinated, strategic, creative and timely communications to enhance the position of the CEO and system as a provincial leader in healthcare. This position will help to create innovative opportunities for the system, and expand understanding of the system among government, business, researchers and its staff and physicians.
- Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field preferred
- Member of the Canadian Public Relations Society (CPRS) or International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
- Minimum 5 years of progressive experience in public/media relations and communications and working with many stakeholders
- Knowledge and understanding of the health care system is preferred
- Excellent ability to communicate effectively with visitors, patients and their family members and with staff at all levels of the organization
- Possesses excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strategic communications advisor for SJHS working closely with CEO to develop strategy
- Works with key system members to develop strategy, direction, purpose, tone, method and style of communications for the System
- Responsible for ensuring communication strategy aligns with member organizations
- Supports System CEO in being up-to-date on current media coverage related to healthcare relevant to the work of the System, including doing regular and when appropriate daily updates
- Understands how to tailor different materials for distinct audiences, quickly and effectively develop key messages, news releases, media presentations (traditional and multimedia)
- Responsible for proactively sourcing, crafting and developing media stories that will achieve local, provincial and national attention
- Responsible for staying connected to and working with Niagara Health Communications team to ensure alignment and coordination of messages and strategic planning between the two organizations,
creating a greater strength in communications
- Responsible for staying connected to member organizations (St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, St. Mary’s General Hospital Kitchener, St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph, St. Joseph’s Home Care, St.
Joseph’s Lifecare Centre Brantford, St. Joseph’s Villa Dundas) to determine communication opportunities, including amplifying messaging through coordinated efforts, and helping to facilitate strategic
coordinated storytelling opportunities
- Responsible for website creation, strategic direction, creative design, coordination, accuracy and ensuring it is up to date, including posting materials. The website will be an essential communication tool
to tell the story of SJHS to government, business, donors, researchers, academia, staff/physicians and public
- Responsible for social media strategy, coordination, tone, platforms, posting and monitoring
- Responsible for multi-media approach to telling story
- Responsible for helping to create/coordinate video, photos, blogs, and regular messaging across member
- Work within the team at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton. The SJHS Public Affairs Senior Specialist will work within the SJHH Public Affairs team where they will be expectations of collaboration,
communication work duties/projects and support
- Performs all other duties as assigned
HOURS OF WORK:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.