Temporary assignment - approximately 24 weeks
• Current registration with the College of Nurse of Ontario required.
• Two years current surgical nursing experience required. Knowledge of medical and surgical terminology required.
• Prior experience in a busy surgical clinic will be given preference.
• Advanced knowledge of, and ability to perform, accurate physical assessments required.
• Knowledge of surgical procedures essential.
• Good computer skills and familiarity with HBO order entry, allergy entry and ability to access lab and other test results essential.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, maintain good interpersonal relationships and set workload priorities essential.
• Committed to customer service.
• Demonstrated problem-solving and organization skills and the ability to work effectively within an interdisciplinary team.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the basic principles of equipment safety.
• Demonstrated commitment to professional development and continuing education.
• Knowledge of adult learning principals preferred.
• Good work performance and attendance record are essential.
• Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families.
• Gentle Persuasive Approach training preferred.
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday, days
Hourly: $28.22...$29.43...$30.66 (plus 14% in lieu of benefits)
St. Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.