RN - Peritoneal Dialysis
Responsible for providing training and nursing support in the Independent Home Therapies peritoneal dialysis program. The nurse working in the independent dialysis program will collaborate with the independent dialysis team in planning, implementing. coordinating and integrating patient care and education that are in alignment with the departmental vision and within the Mission, Vision, and Philosophy of SJHH.
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario required
- Completion of continuing education courses in: patient and/or adult education, physical assessment, an asset
- C Neph Certification is required
- Current competence in peritoneal dialysis with a minimum 2 years recent experience required
- Demonstrated competence in promoting patient independence through supportive patient education
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families
- Strong communication, decision making and team work skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training preferred
- Current BCLS/HCP certification required
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with professional and allied staff
- A good attendance and work record demonstrating reliability and dependability is essential
- A resume regarding further education, special courses and experience should accompany the application
- Ability to perform patient home visits and travel to other Hospital sites as required
- Basic skill level with computers, MS Office, Internet searches, data entry and patient information systems
- Valid driver’s license, adequate insurance and access to a vehicle.
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotating Shifts and extended hours.
St. Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.