RN - Diagnostic Imaging
TEMPORARY ASSIGNMENT: Approximately 52 weeks
The Diagnostic Services Department, Charlton site, is a fact paced environment that requires one Registered Nurse to join us. Duties involve patient care and monitoring during interventional procedures done under various imaging modalities such as CT, Ultrasound and Fluoroscopy as well as pre and post procedural patient care. The individual must be a strong team player with excellent patient care skills. The individual must be flexible and possess the ability to work effectively and efficiently with other profession staff in the departmental: Radiologists, Medical Radiation Technologists, Nurses, Clerical Staff and other Support Staff. The Diagnostic Services Department supports a continuous learning environment.
- Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act and its regulations, reporting hazards, deficiencies and contraventions of the Act, in a timely manner.
- Provides direct patient care for Diagnostic Imaging procedures where a nurse is required.
- Demonstrates proper care of patients and patient care equipment.
- Communicates effectively with all staff, including Senior Technologists and Radiologists to ensure availability for any required procedures.
- Communicates with peers regarding any changes or needs throughout the work day.
- Follows infection control guidelines for exam room, patient care and equipment maintenance.
- Restocks exam rooms and area as needed with supplies and medication.
- Ensures necessary supplies present in the area when needed.
- Reports issues to Manager or Senior Technologist of the area.
- Reports any technical issues with patient care equipment to Manager or Senior Technologist.
- Ensures patient confidentiality.
- Keeps current with legislation and guidelines for Registered Nurses through the College of Nurses
- Keeps current with CPR certification
- Current registration with the college of Nurses of Ontario required
- Demonstrated high standard of nursing practice and competency as per CNO standards
- Five (5) years of nursing experience preferred
- Current Interventional Radiology experience preferred.
- Experience in critical care, operating room or nephrology preferred.
- Current BCLS/HCP certification required. ACLS an asset.
- Additional nursing skills required: cardiac monitoring, venipuncture, arterial line pressure monitoring, suctioning trough tracheotomy, IV drug meds, capnography and central line infusion skills.
- Effective organization and time management skills to help meet patient access timelines
- Excellent patient care skills, excellent clinical and patient assessment skills
- Must be physically capable of standing while wearing a lead apron for extended periods of time, adaptable and able to take call on a regular basis
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors and their families
- Gentle Persuasive Approach training preferred
- Excellent attendance record
- Self-development to be carried out by continuing education and involvement in professional organizations, i.e. radiology nursing programs
- A resume regarding further education, special courses and experiences must accompany the application
- Ontario PeriAnesthesia Nursing Association (OPANA) membership and asset
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday; days, including standby on-call
St Joseph’s Nursing Vision is to make a difference in the lives of those we care for, our organization, and the future of our community through achievement of excellence in nursing and commitment to a culture of nursing innovation, empowerment, leadership and accountability.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.