As a Night Shift pharmacist working at St Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (Charlton Campus), you will be responsible for the nightly execution of inpatient medication management activities at the Charlton and West 5th campuses, including:
- Review medication orders for safety and appropriateness, and verify orders in a fully electronic computerized prescriber order entry health information system
- Provide drug information and clinical overnight pharmacist support (e.g. BPMH, pharmacokinetic monitoring, pharmaceutical care to patients in the Emergency Department)
- Responsible for drug distribution services in collaboration with Pharmacy Technicians
- Communicate with nursing, medical staff, pharmacy team members and management
- Other assignments or duties as required
Pharmacists are responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical care. This entails the responsible provision of drug therapy for the purpose of achieving definite outcomes that improve a patient’s quality of life. Pharmacists also supervise a drug delivery system that integrates the application of the pharmacist’s specialized knowledge with the distribution of the medication to assure optimal medication therapy for the patient.
• Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy or Doctor of Pharmacy from accredited university required
• Registration with the Ontario College of Pharmacists, Part A
• Hospital pharmacy residency is preferred
• Experience in hospital pharmacy preferred
• Maintains current knowledge and skills necessary to perform competently
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrates independent decision-making skills and a willingness to work collaboratively in a team environment
• Well-developed oral and written communication skills
• Ability to organize workload
• Comply with all policies and procedures of SJHH, laws and regulations and standards of accreditation
• Accurately interpret, assess and where necessary, clarify the prescriber’s medication orders
• Effectively problem solve regarding drug distribution issues as needed
• Identify, follow-up and document adverse drug reactions and medication incidents according to departmental procedures
• Participate in departmental initiatives or other shifts as needed
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotating shifts and extended hours for the night shift pharmacist team. It will be the responsibility of the night shift team to cover each other for days off and absences.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.