Medical Laboratory Technologist
This position will work between the Charlton Campus and King Campus
The Hamilton Regional Laboratory Medicine program (HRLMP) is a collaborative program funded and operated jointly by the Hamilton Health Sciences and St. Josephs Healthcare. The program is committed to change and innovation, through education, service and research, to bring the highest quality science into health care for the benefit of the community, and to participate in the clinical application and interpretation of the science.
- Current, valid license and member with the College of Medical Laboratory Technologists of Ontario (CMLTO)
- Current Core Laboratory experience, including Core Hematology and Core Chemistry
- Excellent communication, organizational and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to maintaining and improving individual competence, as well as contributing to the education and development of students and co-workers
- Knowledge of Meditech and Microsoft Office applications
- Must be able to function as a team player
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES
- The Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) provides routine urgent and stat specimen testing in a fully computerized and highly automated Core Laboratory setting. In addition to specimen testing, the MLT will perform additional tasks as required. These include but are not limited to: teaching, training, method evaluation, technical writing, trouble shooting, quality assurance projects and safety projects
- Works in compliance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Understand and complies with the standards of practice as defined by the CMLTO
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information at all times
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotating shifts - days, evenings, nights, weekends, holidays
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.