Clinical Pharmacy Research Coordinator
RESEARCH INSTITUTE of ST. JOE’S HAMILTON
Temporary Assignment - approximately 52 weeks
An experienced Research Coordinator who is a pharmacist and conversant in evidence-based therapeutics is required to support two novel randomized trials designed to optimize management of patients receiving high priority medications.
The successful applicant will work with the medication experts on the research team to serve as a consultant and resource for the recruited patients and the health care professionals in their circle of care. The role is to ensure optimal patient outcomes through effective identification, prevention and resolution of drug-therapy problems in the transition period from hospital to home.
Involvement in research requires additional knowledge and understanding of research methods, evaluating risk of bias, certification in research ethics and Good Clinical Practice as well as detailed knowledge of the study protocols, governance and standard operating procedures.
- Undergraduate Degree in Pharmacy or PharmD
- Licenced with the Ontario College of Pharmacists
- Post-baccalaureate PharmD degree or hospital pharmacy residency preferred; Critical appraisal training required but Health Research Methods or Clinical Epidemiology degree preferred
- Certification in Geriatric Pharmacy preferred
- Membership with the Canadian Society of Hospital Pharmacists preferred
- Minimum 3 years experience
- Skilled computer use including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software is required
- Ability to use REDCap, basic statistical programs, electronic health records is an asset
- A degree or courses completed on health research methodology, critical appraisal or Clinical Epidemiology, is a major asset
- Performing detailed discharge medication reconciliations including adherence checking and initial identification of medication discrepancies, non-recorded medications and aberrant use; identification and follow-up of drug therapy problems; participating in shared decision-making exercises with patients
- Patient and caregiver interviews, including assessment of engagement to inform medication plan, and completing structured patient education
- Planning, scheduling and carrying out follow-up visits for patients according to the study requirements using telemedicine facilities including EPIC telemedicine ‘virtual visits’
- Working with the research team to develop research protocols, care report forms, recruitment of patients, and regular reports
- Reviewing source documents such as health records, patient files or other information to complete case study forms, to abstract data and to enter data into the database. Participating in research evaluation and knowledge translation activities
- Other duties as assigned
Hours of Work:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.