Certified EMG Technician
The EMG Technician performs nerve conduction studies on all patients referred. Knowledge of phrenic nerve and single fibre studies required. The EMG Technician will be able to design exams based on patient history and proceed with completion of the exam based on patient response and any abnormalities seen on exam.
• Recent experience as a certified EMG Technician
• Certified with BRETC
• Minimum 5 year experience as a certified EMG Technician; hospital setting preferred
• Excellent working knowledge of EMG setup
• Knowledge and experience of performing needle studies (single fibre, phrenic nerve, and upper and lower limb nerve conduction studies)
• EEG and EVP experience is an asset
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work independently or as part of a team
• Ability to work accurately and multi-task under stressful conditions
• Demonstrated commitment to continuing education and teaching others
• Excellent problem recognition and problem solving skills
• Ability to organize work and set priorities
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Effective computer skills (Email, Microsoft Word, PHS)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general and specialized EMG procedures.
- Conducts nerve conduction studies in operating room or intensive care when required
- Provide excellent patient care while maintaining patient confidentiality and privacy
- Operating, troubleshooting, and ensuring equipment is performing effectively and efficiently. Report failure to Senior Technician or Manager.
- Prepare written and electronic reports including workload activity and OHIP charges
- Ensures accuracy of exam results
- Participate in research, safety and quality programs and activities
- Maintain safe and clean environment for staff and patients
- Perform other duties as required
HOURS OF WORK:
Rotating shifts including evenings and weekends.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all our programs, practices, facilities, and people.
Applications must be received online by 12:00 midnight on the Closing Date - late applications will not be accepted. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. SJHH is committed to a barrier-free recruitment and selection process - please inform us should accommodation be required at any point in the recruitment process.
We foster a culture of patient and staff safety where all positions comply and work in conjunction with the Mission, Vision, and Core Values of SJHH.
Are you a returning applicant?
If you do not remember your password click here.