Job postings: Nursing (RN / RPN)
We currently have a regular full time opportunity for a Registered Practical Nurse in our Nursing departments at our Holland Centre campus.
The Registered Practical Nurse will provide patient care within the scope of practice of your profession; which supports the philosophy of the Nursing Department and meets hospital and College of Nurses standards. The RPN also collaborates effectively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and actively participates in process improvement and educational activities.
- Current certificate or competence as an R.P.N. with the College of Nurses with Medication Certificate.
- Physical Assessment Course required.
- 6 – 12 months recent acute care nursing experience required
- Minimum one year medical-surgical experience required, recent orthopaedic and Complex medical care preferred
- Current BCLS certificate
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated knowledge in person-centred care approach and principles
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong ability to adapt to a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to organizational initiatives, Best Practices, participation in nursing council, unit committees, and quality improvement projects
- Demonstrated effective ability in: interpersonal relationships; oral and written communication skills; organization skills; priority setting skills; problem-solving; decision-making; facilitating team work; conflict resolution
- Excellent patient assessment skills; strong ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to patient care
- Proven ability to function independently and in collaboration with the inter-professional team
- Demonstrated excellence in: pain management, individualized care plan development, patient/family education and discharge planning
- Commitment to professional development; workshops, in-services, continuing education
- Membership in R.P.N.A.O an asset.
- Gentle Persuasive Approaches certificate an asset.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters in one document quoting 183720 to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
« Back to Nursing (RN / RPN)