Job postings: Non Union
We currently have a regular full time opportunity for a Case Costing & MIS Analyst in our Financial Planning and Analysis department at our Bayview campus. This position requires weekday, day, 8 hr shifts.
Summary of Duties
The Case-costing/MIS Analyst is responsible for co-ordinating and facilitating the use of hospital MIS & costing data to meet strategic and operational goals. The candidate will play a key role in supporting clinical and corporate stakeholders in the development and implementation of evidence-based practices to support decision-making. The Case-costing/MIS Analyst will be responsible for supporting the production of the quarterly trail balance and SRI submissions and provide analysis of case-costing data. Through the analysis and monitoring of key performance indicators, the incumbent will support effective and efficient resource utilization
- Maintain case-costing system including monthly/quarterly processing loading and reporting of data. The analyst will work with financial, statistical and clinical data sets ensuring highest levels of data quality.
- Detailed data analysis to ensure quality and integrity of data (financial, statistical and clinical).
- Participate in the preparation of annual and quarterly submissions to the Ministry. The analyst will assist in the creation of trial balance and case costing submissions.
- Development and production of ad-hoc and standard reports and analysis.
- Assist in education and analysis to contribute to the Decision Support team’s ability to fulfill its mandate.
- Promotes a collaborative, team-based approach to problem solving that supports evidenced based decision-making with the clinical and corporate teams
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Baccalaureate degree required
- Advanced knowledge of health information management and client database systems such as Case Costing
- Knowledge of Ontario Health Care Reporting Standards (OHRS)
- Knowledge of health utilization concepts and databases (e.g. HIGs, weighted cases, the Discharge Abstract Database, the National Ambulatory Care Reporting System), and knowledge and understanding of workload measurement concepts
- Working towards professional accounting designation an asset
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Ability to problem solve
- Able to organize, plan and prioritize work with time constraints and strict deadlines
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office suite (esp. Excel/Access), reporting applications (Crystal Reports, PowerBI)
- Experience with case costing systems/knowledge of case costing concepts an asset
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resumes and cover letters, quoting file 184005, to:
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre
To apply, please click "Apply for Position" near the top right corner of this page.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.
Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre is strongly committed to inclusion and diversity within its community and welcomes all applicants including but not limited to: visible minorities, all religions and ethnicities, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and all others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
« Back to Non Union