Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Science and Technology/ School of Mechanical and Electrical Teechnolgy
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/94
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: January 7, 2019
Application Deadline: November 20, 2018
Application Details: The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the [Quality Assurance Manufacturing and Management]. This program offers students a comprehensive set of practical and critical skills, as well as knowledge in manufacturing industries Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in the following courses within Quality Assurance Manufacturing and Management:
· [QUAL50172 Lean and Six Sigma]
· [QUAL54998 Supply Chain Quality Management]
· [QUAL52620 Reliability and Product Safety]
· [QUAL51210 Quality Planning]
To view course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search.aspx
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
- Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
- Attending periodic faculty meetings
- Master’s degree in engineering, science or a related field is required
- Minimum of 5 years related professional experience in industries
- Advanced knowledge in at least one of the following: __Six Sigma, TS16949 and Supply Chain Management
- Practical experience in at least one of the following: ___Six Sigma______, _TS16949__________, __Reliability ____
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the [Quality related] industry;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.