Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: School of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering and Technology/Faculty of Applied Science & Technology
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/100
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: January 2019
Application Deadline: On Going
Application Details: The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team to teach courses for the Mechanical, Mechanical – Design and Electromechanical programs. These three programs offer students a comprehensive set of practical and critical skills, as well as knowledge in CAD design, Fluid mechanics, Robotics, Hydraulics and Pneumatics, Dynamics, Kinematics, PLC programming and more. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in courses within Computer and Electronics Engineering Technology programs:
To view course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search.aspx
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Delivering course curriculum in classroom and/or online, which includes ensuring student awareness of course objectives, approach and evaluation techniques
- Tutoring and academic counselling of students, while evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the students’ work within assigned courses
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes and designing appropriate strategies and tools for assessing student learning
- Developing individualized instruction and multi-media presentations and incorporating technology into the learning process where applicable
- Attending periodic faculty meetings
- Minimum: Master’s or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field is preferred. Candidates with undergraduate degree and extensive related industrial experience will also be considered.
- Minimum of three years related professional experience in industry and academia.
- Advanced knowledge and practical experience in at least one of the following: Machine Design; Manufacturing Processes; Industrial Practice (Machine Shop – an experienced and licensed machinist required); Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC); Fluid Power; Electro Pneumatics; Control Systems; Health; Work and Safety, Mechatronics, Statics; Dynamics; Mechanics of Materials; Kinematics of Machines; Dynamics of Machines; Fluid Mechanics; Thermodynamics; HVAC; CAD;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level or equivalent experience as a trainer in industry preferred;
- Strong network of contacts with other professionals in the Mechanical and Automation industry;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.