Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Part-time
Faculty/Department: Pilon School of Business
Campus: HMC (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/PT/95
Salary Range: Based on relevant educational qualifications and experience
Start Date: January 2019
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application Details: The Human Resources department maintains a Faculty Pool of resumes for job seekers interested in part-time teaching opportunities at the College.
Sheridan is looking for outstanding individuals to join our faculty team in the Pilon School of Business Diploma programs. These programs offer students a comprehensive set of practical and critical skills, as well as knowledge in Information Systems and Data Analysis. Sheridan seeks part-time professors to teach in the following courses:
· INFO10514 Using Business Information Systems
· INFO31787 Accounting Information Systems
To view course outlines, visit: www.sheridancollege.ca/academics/programs-and-courses/course-outline-search.aspx
Sheridan professors are responsible for developing an effective learning environment for students while respecting their diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences, and individual learning styles.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Professors are responsible for:
- Ensuring that program and course curricula are current, relevant and reflective of best practices within the relevant professional/program disciplines;
- Defining, evaluating and validating learning outcomes for courses and programs;
- Creating an effective environment for learning which accommodates students’ diverse cultural and educational backgrounds, experiences and individual learning styles;
- Designing appropriate strategies and tools for facilitating and assessing student learning that are invitational and reflective of best practices in teaching and learning;
- Developing appropriate strategies and tools to assess student performance that are consistent with the learning outcomes of the course and address multiple learning styles;
- Developing multi-media materials and alternative delivery strategies, and incorporating appropriate educational technologies into the learning process.
Professors also ensure that students are aware of course and program learning outcomes, learning strategies and evaluation techniques; provide individual tutoring and academic counselling; and evaluate student progress/achievement within assigned courses.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, Statistics / Mathematics or a related field of study;
- The CPA designation is an asset;
- Advanced technical skills in Excel and Access is a must;
- Strong skills in statistical analysis and interpretation of business information using statistics;
- Statistical analysis of data sets within excel including correlation analysis;
- Interpretation of statistical outputs and using this information for business decision making;
- Knowledge of how information systems are used in business, Information Systems Infrastructure, Relational database systems, Ethics as it pertains to Information Systems;
- Five to eight years’ relevant professional experience preferred;
- Experience in teaching and curriculum development at the post-secondary level;
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to utilize the learning management system to disseminate information to and from students;
- Demonstrable ability to convey the conceptual and applied aspects of knowledge to a broad range of students;
- Committed to excellence in teaching and learning and to working within a team environment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.