Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Risk Management
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 19/S/01
Hourly Range: $24.63 - $28.55
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Application Deadline: January 21, 2019
Application Details: This is a temporary replacement position that may continue up to June 28, 2019.
Reporting to the Manager, Parking Services the incumbent coordinates the day-to-day operations of Parking Services at Sheridan. The incumbent is responsible for maintaining the parking management system used for all parking transactions including: parking permit control, payments, parking ticket appeals, locker rental transactions, and financial reporting. The incumbent is a liaison with Finance and Payroll staff to complete a variety of financial transactions, and is a first point of contact with various third party vendors. The incumbent receives, investigates and resolves a variety of parking related escalations from front counter staff, Campus Security, and the campus community, provides guidance to co-op students and/or part-time staff. The incumbent is a liaison with Campus Security, Facilities Services, and Conferences and Events department concerning event parking and lot maintenance and closure logistics. During peak periods, the incumbent is a first point of contact for students, staff, faculty and visitors to Sheridan providing information, answering queries on all aspects of parking services (fees, refunds, permits, tickets, appeals).
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for maintaining the online parking management system (AIMS) used for all parking permit and locker rental transactions at Sheridan including payments and refunds, parking citation payments and fee adjustments, and updating the system’s permit fee schedules, enforcement codes, and categories according to approved business rules.
- Responding to system issues, investigating, troubleshooting or contacting external vendor (parking kiosks, parking app) to determine the appropriate solution.
- Advising the Manager Security and Parking Operations on enhancements needed to suit College requirements and coordinating system maintenance and updates with IT.
- Ensuring all co-op students and part-time front counter staff receive training on the parking management system and front counter operations, assisting staff with resolving system issues and coaching best practices in customer service.
- Provides full details to staff, faculty, students and visitors regarding parking citations and the appeals process.
- Responding to parking issues escalated from the campus community by determining the type of assistance required, eliciting further information, and providing explanations to facilitate resolution.
- Providing department’s website administrator and Sheridan’s communications personnel with required information for the website and social media regarding parking permit sales and locker rental updates, lot closures and maintenance.
- Compiling and formulating financial data (spreadsheets) for reporting, analysis and planning (e.g. outstanding parking infractions and debt, quarterly parking revenue and citation reports, parking permit sales by campus).
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess a 2-year diploma in Accounting, Public Relations, Business or a related field, and a minimum of 2-years of practical work experience in a customer service position. Providing immediate guidance and resolution to issues/problems in a variety of formats including in-person, telephone and written correspondence (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience). Demonstrated computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook) are required. The successful candidate must have proficiency in operating and maintaining information in an online database/software. The incumbent must also have working knowledge of best practices for accessibility, the Accessibly for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and with municipal by-laws impacting parking (e.g. Fire Routes). Experience providing leadership, oversight or training to staff is required. The successful candidate must also have experience working with financial information including preparation and analysis of financial data and transactions. Experience with parking services guidelines, policies and procedures is an asset. Experience with a parking management system such as AIMS Parking Management is preferred. The incumbent must have experience and discretion in dealing with a variety of people (students, employees, administrators, visitors), in a college or business environment.
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.