Why work at Sheridan? Click to view our video!
Employee Group: Support Staff
Faculty/Department: Information Technology
Campus: Trafalgar (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/73
Hourly Range: $28.71 - $33.28
Hours:8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Application Deadline:Open Until Filled
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue up to April 2019.
Under the general direction of the Manager, Enterprise Systems Operations, the incumbent is part of an application support team that installs, designs, develops, implements and maintains web-based and desktop applications to support all areas of Sheridan’s administrative operations. The incumbent’s responsibilities involve supporting, developing and regularly maintaining Sheridan’s Information Technology web site and administrative systems, such as (but not limited) to International Student Processing (ISP), Clockwork CALS, Policy Server and Theatre Manager as well as the corresponding interfaces with the Student Information System (SIS) and various related smaller systems. The incumbent investigates new or modified user requirements, designs and implements appropriate solutions, solves reported problems with existing systems and assists with the evaluation and/or development of new software applications.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Designing, coding and testing new web-based applications for the IT web site;
- Troubleshooting web application issues; tracking and monitoring the resolution of reported issues;
- Collaborating with other team members and other technical staff within Information Technology (IT) to resolve issues;
- Assessing and analyzing requests for new applications or enhancements to existing applications;
- Solving problems by implementing a solution utilizing the existing technologies or escalates problems to other IT staff when the problem cannot be resolved by the incumbent;
- Applying patches and fixes from vendor as needed;
- Documenting solutions for resolved issues and follow-up with end users to ensure complete closure of reported issues;
- Analyzing existing systems/system modules, business procedures and available technologies, to identify and define possible solutions. This includes analysis of the proposed solution with other applications, databases and systems for seamless integration;
- Installing software upgrades and/or new applications;
- Providing explanation and clarification to the College community on the capabilities and limitations of systems;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Experience developing with VB. Net or C#.Net, and ASP.NET is considered an asset.
- Excellent listening, oral and written communication and problem solving skills are a must, along with the ability to multi-task effectively and work well as a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated customer service orientation, be able to work well in stressful environments and work effectively with customers to achieve suitable solutions for all parties.
Sheridan welcomes diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including visible minorities, Indigenous People, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), Sheridan is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. At any stage of the hiring process, Human Resources will work with applicants requesting accommodation.
Note: Copies of educational credentials are requested at the time of an interview. As a condition of employment, Sheridan requires confirmation of educational credentials in the form of an official Canadian transcript or an official evaluation of international credentials which determines Canadian equivalency.