Registered Nurse - Workplace Health & Safety
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to the Director, Workplace Health and Safety, the successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of established Workplace Health programs and services while ensuring the promotion and maintenance of the highest degree possible of physical, mental and social well-being of employees. The successful candidate must be able to travel to all three hospital locations and satellite sites as needed.
• Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO) in good standing
• Must have recent (within the past two years) occupational health nursing experience in a health care setting
• Current BCLS certification
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel and Outlook), including experience with Parklane System
• Recent experience providing primary care and assessment of injured and ill staff, completing pre- placement assessment, monitoring and facilitating immunization programs, completing surveillance activities, providing health promotion and teaching, counselling staff and other related functions.
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Utilize protective equipment that is provided to identify and report hazards in the workplace
• Maintain and ensure confidentiality of all information
• Knowledge of legislation that impacts the workplace – Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB), Human Rights, Occupational Health and Safety Act
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
• Demonstrates values consistent with SHN′s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in- service education in this area.
• Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
•Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree
•Ability to speak another language
• Canadian Certification of Occupational Health Nurse Certification COHN (C)
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.