Registered Nurse - Intensive Care Unit
Across our three hospitals and eight satellite sites, Scarborough Health Network (SHN) is shaping the future of care. Our many programs and services are designed around the needs of one of Canada’s most vibrant and diverse communities. We are home to North America’s largest nephrology program, as well as the designated cardiac care and spine centre for Scarborough and surrounding communities to the east. We are proud to be a community-affiliated teaching site for the University of Toronto and partner with a number of other universities and colleges, helping to train the next generation of health care professionals. Learn more at shn.ca
The completion of this online form serves as your application and will be used to determine if you meet the requirements of this position. Please ensure that you have provided all pertinent information necessary to be considered for this vacancy by the close date.
Reporting to Manager of ICU, the successful candidate will be responsible for assessing, planning implementation and evaluating nursing care and practice activities in a multidisciplinary family centered care environment. Patient caseload includes critically ill coronary patients, critically ill oncology patients, high-risk obstetrical patients, and acute medical-surgical patients
• Current certification with the College of Nurses of Ontario
• Competent to perform CPR at a basic Cardiac Life Support level
• BSCN preferred
• Current Critical Care Certificate and/or equivalent experience in Critical Care
• Minimum of one (1) year′s recent ICU/critical care experience including ventilators
• Minimum two (2) year′s recent acute medical/surgical experience
• Evidence of sound organizational and prioritization skills with the ability to work well in stressful situations
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills with the ability to work well with patients, families, all levels of staff and the community
• Ability to work well independently and to exercise sound judgment
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the position
• Demonstrated pattern of good attendance and work record
• Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SRH’s comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
• Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues, volunteers and other members of the community and public.
• Exposure to Lean principles, an understanding of methodologies and tools and a commitment to the use of these in support of providing the best healthcare experience possible to our patients.
Scarborough Health Network (SHN) embraces and celebrates our community’s unique multicultural heritage and diversity. SHN is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a culture of inclusiveness and diversity reflecting our diverse patients, staff and community alike. We are committed to providing barrier-free and accessible employment practices in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to meet your needs.